1. Must be at least 16 years old
2. Perspective members must live in town or within the bordering *towns of Riverdale.
* (Riverdale, Pompton Lakes, Bloomingdale, Butler, Kinnelon, Pequannock, & Haskell)
1. An application can be obtained from the the Chief of the Department upon completion of the prerequisites.
2. Application must be completed in its entirety.
3. Applicant must get a physical exam by the Borough medical provider, at no cost to you.
4. Applicant must bring the application to the Chief of the Department.
Trainings nights are: Every Monday of every month except meeting nights – Drill (Starts at 7PM) Fourth Monday of every month – Meeting (Starts at 8PM)
1. Application will be processed through the Borough of Riverdale.
2.Candidate will be notified of when & where to report for a drug test.
3. Candidate will be notified to make an appointment with Riverdale Police Department for fingerprinting/background check.
4. Once approved by the Municipal Council, the application will be sent to the state office of the NJ State Firemen’s Association for approval.
5. Once approved by the state of New Jersey, a line number will be issued by the state association. 6. The candidate will then have to report to the department training officer who will register that candidate for their formal Firefighter 1 training. Training is 160-180 hours of both classroom and hands-on training that the candidate must successfully complete within one year of acceptance into department.
Morris County Fire Academy
17-Week Courses (Fall & Spring)
4-Week Course (Summer)
Bergen County Fire Academy
56 Post Lane, Riverdale, New Jersey 07457, United States
**For emergencies, please dial 911 Non-Emergencies: (973) 831-1584